The KOINE AEQUALITAS Foundation has been involved in the creation of the cluster from the very beginning. This group, with its headquarters located in the Public University of Navarre is made up by various kinds of organisations:
- Attention to persons: ADACEN, ASPACE, CLINICA PADRE MENNI, FUNDACION KOINE EQUALITAS, MUTUA NAVARRA
- Universities and Research Centres: Public University of Navarre- UPNA, NAVARRABIOMED
- Companies: ALDAKIN, MOVALSYS, OSF, PHARMAMODELLING, TESICNOR
The aims pursued by the Cluster according to its statutes are:
- Facilitating and seeking the support of the Public Administration of models for the prevention and care to ageing, disability and quality of life that incorporate innovation, technology and generate social impact. Acting as interlocutor with the Public Administration and to establish the channels that enable a greater relationship with the institutions and agencies responsible for social policies in the Community and in other areas, positioning the Cluster and its agents.
- Dynamise and promote the ICT and health and social services sectors, by promoting training, research, development and innovation, and technology transfer, with the aim of constituting a highly competitive sector.
- Promote the growth and competitiveness of its partners, supporting the development of the same in all its areas of activity: detection of needs to develop new solutions, market, technology and professionals. Promote the interrelationship between technology-based companies and health and social services and favouring the development of specific solutions in the field of disabilities, ageing process, personal autonomy and dependency situations.
- Establish strategic relationships with other leading regions in the sector and international institutions, both European and state, to favour the exchanges of cooperation.
- Contribute to the dissemination and social awareness regarding the needs and quality of life, the fields of disability, the ageing process and quality of life.
As the first initiatives, this group will work on developing technological solutions in relation to the mobility of people with disabilities and/or dependence, such as Wheelchair Assist and Elder Bot.